Visa Information

For those who need official letters to apply Chinese entry visa for academic activities, please provide the following information and send them via email to before July 31, 2020.

You may apply Chinese entry visa for sightseeing (as a tourist) at Chinese embassy or consulate in your country. In this case you do NOT need to apply for an "academic" entry visa.

Required Information for Visa Letter

In your email, please provide the following information:

  1. Official name in the passport;
  2. Date of birth;
  3. Nationality;
  4. Passport number;
  5. Affiliation (e.g. Universities);
  6. Cities you are going to visit in mainland China (e.g. Beijing, Shanghai);
  7. Tentative arrival and departure (to and from China) dates;
  8. Place you are going to apply visa (e.g. USA, UK);
  9. Airmail address and fax number where you want the letter to be sent;
  10. Photocopy (scan) of your passport, the pages with your photo and signature.

If you have a companion, then you should also provide the above information about him/her.

Upon receiving the above information, the Chinese Academy of Sciences will issue an official letter for you to apply entry visa for academic activities.

Chinese Embassies and Consulates

To find a nearby Chinese embassy or consulate, you can visit Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs website at for information about missions overseas.

Please pay attention to recent upgraded Visa policies from Chinese Embassy and Consulates in your country!